Instructions for obtaining access:
The ASRC NanoFab is open to all users regardless of their level of expertise. The NanoFab staff will work with users to help them develop an effective research plan. Novice users are highly encouraged to frequently communicate with the staff during the initial phases of their research. Following is a list of steps that outlines the cleanroom orientation and training process.
New user inquiries can be directed to Dr. Jacob Trevino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the ASRC NanoFab Rules of Conduct and Use (this document does not need to be turned in).
- Fill out the ASRC NanoFab New User Form online. Information that will be requested:
- User Information
- Project description
- PI and Account Information
- Turn in signed copy of the User Agreement for Access to ASRC NanoFab to Celeste Ayala (G.344) or sent digitally to email@example.com.
- Have your advisor or fill out the Account Registration and Agreement form to register chargeable accounts with the NanoFab. The signed copy should be turned into Celeste Ayala (G.344) or sent digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete CUNY ASRC General Lab Safety Class
- Next class is offered Thurs May 4th, 2017 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM, in the CUNY ASRC First Floor Seminar Room.
- This step may be omitted if you have completed general lab safety at a CUNY institution or Columbia University and can provide written proof from your institution. Documentation must be provided to Dr. Trevino via email or hard copy.
- Download and study the NanoFab Access Training and Orientation document
- Take the Online Quiz on NanoFab Access Training and Orientation
- Schedule an in-person cleanroom orientation (schedule here) and sign-off on the check list upon completion
- Sign-up for important email updates. Sign-up Page.
- Install Badger LMS and register for a new account
- Information on equipment training can be found here: Equipment Training. Equipment rates can be found here: Equipment Rates.
ID Cards: After you have completed all previous steps and cleared the required compliance check, you can sign-up for a ID making session. Sessions are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11AM and 3PM. You must be signed-up two days in advance of a session to attend and have been cleared through CUNY’s compliance check. You can check the status of your compliance check here. Online registration can be found here: ID Sign-Up.
Note: A $15 one time access fee will be charged to your account when an ASRC access card is issued.