Equipment Training (Equipment training schedules, tool owners and contacts)
ASRC NanoFab Dashboard (Real time equipment reservations, cancellations and usage)
Equipment List (A full listing of available equipment and tool capabilities)
Reservation Policies - High Use Tools
The Following Policies are in Effect for the Following Tools
- AJA E-beam Evaporator
- AJA Sputter System
- Elionix EBL
- EVG Mask Aligner
- Brewer Photo Spinner
- Brewer Other Spinner
Equipment Reservation Block Policy
Reservations must be made in single blocks of time. Users are NOT allowed to reserve several consecutive smaller blocks to make up a larger block of time. If staff find this happening, the user will be warned and all blocks of time after the first reservation will be deleted. Multiple violations could result in possible suspension.
Equipment Reservation Efficiency Policy
- All users should strive to keep reservation efficiencies as high as possible.
- Each month staff will review the past month’s efficiency report.
- Users under 60% will be sent a warning via email.
- If the following month, the warned user is below 60% again, they will lose access to the tool for 1 week.
- Repeat offenders run the risk of being suspended for longer periods of time.
- Any user whose efficiency is under 30% at the end of the month will be notified and will lose access to the tool for 1 week.
- With notification, the staff reserves the right to apply these rules across any tool set where utilization is not efficient.
Efficiency Policy Notes: Efficiency is calculated by (enabled time) / (reserved time). When a reservation is cancelled at least two hours prior to the reservation time, the cancelled reservation time is not included in the monthly efficiency calculation.
Tool Reservation Limit Policy
- Prime-time in the NanoFab is defined as 8AM-5PM.
- Ebeam_Evap_O8: 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- Sputter_O8: 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- EBL_Elionix:– 3-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- EBL_Spinner, Other_Spinner, & Photo_Spinner: – 2-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- Mask_Aligner_EVG620: – 2-hours max/total reserved time during prime-time hours.
- The above restrictions are per user and only during prime-time hours. During off-hours, there are no limits. The limits are implemented in Badger LMS.
AJA SPUTTER AND EVAPORATOR SOURCE MATERIALS
All users of the AJA sputter deposition and AJA e-beam/thermal evaporators are required to sign-up for the NanoFab’s Slack site. Instructions on how to sign-up and utilize Slack can be found here: http://nanofab.asrc.cuny.edu/users/slack-instructions/.
Joining Slack Channels
The NanoFab Slack site utilizes channels #ebeamevaportor and #sputterdeposition for ongoing discussions between users on target and crucible changes. Once you have access to the NanoFab Slack page, you can join these channels with the following steps:
- Click on CHANNELS on the top left of the NanoFab Slack site
- This will open the channel browser, where you can search, sort, and explore all the channels.
- To join a specific channel, click the Join Channel button and you will then have access to these topic specific channels.
E-Beam Evaporator Material Changes
Chamber venting and material changes will be carried out on Mondays and Thursdays from 5PM to 9PM by NanoFab Staff only.
- All material changes will be scheduled using the Google Sheets Doc.
- There are two tabs, one showing the currently installed materials (titled “Materials”) and one schedule the upcoming material changes (titled “Upcoming Changes”).
- Fill in the material you need on the appropriate pocket and chamber vent date. Remember to add your email, e.g. Ag (email@example.com).
- You can also add comments in the cell to the far right of the sheet.
- Please use the Slack Channel #ebeamevaportor for any discussions with fellow users and staff as needed, however the Upcoming Changes list will be the final scheduling tool.
- Never delete another users’ entry.
- Bring up any scheduling issues via the Slack channel.
- Cr, Ti and Au will always be kept in the chamber unless Staff have reason to change it out temporarily. This will be communicated if we do so.
- Please be considerate when filling out your slots. Staff always have the right to make changes (with sufficient notification) and will monitor any abuse of scheduling.
Sputter Target Changes
- A minimum of two days prior to possibly changing out a material, users must post their proposed material change in the appropriate NanoFab Slack channel. When posting your proposal, you must state the following:
- The material you are putting in
- The material you are proposing to take out
- The length of time you will need the material to stay in the chamber
- A discussion amongst users can then be had through Slack to collaboratively plan the appropriate time and date of the change. We ask that you be considerate of other users’ needs and try to coordinate in such a way to minimize venting the chamber.
- When you change the materials at the tool you must update the Google Doc to reflect the changes. This can be done at the AJA deposition computer.
- The current list of installed targets and crucibles can be found here: Target/Crucibles. The link is also pinned on the Slack channels.
ICP/DRIE ROTATING SCHEDULE
The Oxford Fl based tool runs in ICP and DRIE mode, but requires extensive cleaning to go from one mode to another. To assure high levels and cleanliness and more repeatable processing, etching is limited to either ICP or DRIE etching depending on the week. A schedule of the current and planned modes can be found here: ICP/DRIE Calendar
AUTOMATED TOOL CANCELLATION NOTIFICATIONS
For select heavily used tools, users can sign-up for automated email updates when users either no-show for a reservation within the 15 minute window, cancel reservations or finish using the tool early. Our tool email list is hosted by Groups.io.
To sign-up for email notifications, click the subscribe link, enter your email address and click the confirmation button. When you click the button, Groups.io will send you a confirmation email. To complete registration you must reply to the email. You can always unsubscribe from notifications at any time by following instructions in the emails sent by Groups.io. Creating a free account with Groups.io allows for even more control of your subscriptions, however it is not required.
Subscribe Link: AJA E-Beam Evaporator
Subscribe Link: AJA Sputter Deposition System
Subscribe Link: Oxford PECVD
Subscribe Link: Elionix EBL
Subscribe Link: EVG Mask Aligner
Subscribe Link: Nanoscribe 3D Laser Lithography
Subscribe Link: Oxford Deep Reactive Ion Etcher
Subscribe Link: Oxford Chlorine ICP Etcher
Subscribe Link: Oxford Fluorine ICP Etcher
Subscribe Link: FEI NovaNanoSEM
Subscribe Link: Bruker AFM